Saturday, October 15, 2011

My dream

OK so last night I had this dream that I can't seem to figure out. Normally, I never remember my dreams so when I do remember one (and with some detail) I always pay attention.

I'm not sure where the dream starts but I'm in a diner and I'm at a table with my 5-year old self. Now, I'm not sure how I know that this 5 year old is me, but I do. She (or I rather, or mini-me?) is sitting at the table with a laptop. She is telling me how she always wanted to go to seminary, mostly because she had a dream of a woman in seminary (not sure who, but I remember she was white, and her last name started with a K) who either told her she needed to go to seminary or something like that. The woman mini-me had a dream about was indeed someone I knew as my adult self (or I knew in the dream).
I told my 5-year old self not to give up on her dream to go to seminary or that woman, because it was going to come true (because in the dream I was in seminary and had a relationship with this woman). I told mini-me not to let anyone take away her dream, no matter how hard they tried, cause it was going to come true.
Then a woman walked into the diner to pick mini-me up. I took one look at the woman and started to cry. I realized the woman was my mother. I was crying because (in the dream) my mother died when I was a child and to see her now was overwhelming. She didn't seem to notice me though. It was then that I realized that I was in the diner but I actually wasn't (if that makes sense). I then also realized that I wasn't alone; there was a friend with me (a female friend).

Now, this dream is weird for several reasons:
1. I don't recall ever wanting to go to seminary when I was 5 or having any dreams about it
2. I have no clue who the woman with the last name that starts with a K is.
3. The "mother" in the dream was not my real mother (I think she was some actress in a TV show I saw the other night)
4. My real mother is still alive (thank God)

So...I have no idea what this dream could mean. I feel like I'm supposed to remember it for some reason but I have no clue why....it just makes no sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment