Saturday, April 16, 2011

An Unhurried Day with Jesus

Today I went on the quarterly prayer retreat at Fuller. I had an amazing time. I just wanted to share what I wrote during that time and hope it blesses you as much as it blessed me.

I have so much to say, but I am in no hurry to speak.
For I am in awe at the works of your hands.
The bees and lizards surround me, yet I am not afraid,
cause for the first time I can say that they are beautiful.

Nothing compares to you.
For I have never known such beauty.
Surely this must be the work of a true and living God.
You have shown me true beauty this day and I am honored to know it.

Who am I that you are mindful of me?
That you can know such beauty and still choose to allow me to have dominion.
I am humbled to be called your child.
What love is this where one would create such things with me in mind.
Thank you for loving me.

The trees grow, the flowers blossom and are not afraid.
The birds roam proudly without a care in the world.
It is this undisturbed connection to you that draws me to repentance.
If they can be everything you have called them to be without doubt
than surely I can do the same.

Birds don't have identity crisis.
Flowers don't question their time to bloom.
They become what you have called, unrestricted by doubt.
Lord, I thank you for the free will you have given me,
yet I choose you.

I chose to be exactly what you have called; to blossom in my time.
Help me to be like the birds and flowers and trees you created;
unashamed to be exactly as you have made me.

Even when I have been lead astray by my own rebellion into captivity;
you, by your loving grace and mercy, carry me away to the land of promise.
I will search for you God, in the midst of my exile
and I will find you; with all my heart.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place which I cause you to be carried away captive. (Jeremiah 29:11-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment